10.10.2010

home sweet home












I'm staying with my mom for a little while, until I move to Australia, to be with the love of my life.

The guest room, which I'm using, is a peachy-pink color, and has very old-fashioned floral curtains on the two large windows behind a vintage 1950s desk (where I am currently typing on my laptop). The twin bed has a pink and blue quilt, which I normally would not go for, but seems perfect for this room.

Being in this house, it is lovely to see beloved photos, like the one of my maternal grandmother (shown above), and sweet little reminders of times gone by. I'm going to scan and save some old photos soon. That is one of several projects I want to do before moving.

I've added my own things to the mix, in this room, like little sparkly wooden boxes filled with tiny treasures like rings, Chinese fortunes, and white beach stones, which I collected over the summer. And I have been finding childhood items, like the Hershey's chocolate tin I got on a family vacation in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and an assignment from 6th grade, displaying my ultra-girly handwriting.

I never thought I would enjoy being back in my small hometown, but time here is proving to be quite a comfort, before the big move "down under".

No comments: